Texas Process Server Association-Bombshell everyone VOTES!

A division of Kathy Burrow and enterprises

Texas Process Server Association-Bombshell everyone VOTES!

Postby ProcessPosseAdmin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 am

A while back I made a call for positive stories in process serving. Well Texas has just tossed a bombshell in a proposed amendment on how it elects its board members.

"PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Officers and Directors shall be elected by a majority vote by every member entitled to vote. Voting can be by mail, in the form of absentee ballots, or in person at the Annual Members’ Meeting, or by electronic methods. Absentee Ballots and Electronic methods will be voted on at the Board’s discretion. Candidates must be present in person at the Annual Members’ Meeting to accept the elected position. No proxies shall be allowed"

If you all want to encourage a new direction in the industry you need to run with this story far and wide. If NAPPS and other associations were to adopt this then we can get on with the business of pure representative democracy. With that I can guarantee you our speech and influence will be strong! Lets move one!

[attachment=0]2014_TSPA_amendment.pdf[/attachment]
Attachments
2014_TSPA_amendment.pdf
Here is the proposed amendment
(297.76 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
ProcessPosseAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Texas Process Server Association-Bombshell everyone VOTE

Postby JessicaJester » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:42 am

For the record, the Texas Process Server's Association has had an absentee voting policy and procedure for many years prior to this. At our last conference, we made a minor change to the bi-laws regarding voting where the wording of the amendment did NOT include that absentee voting and THIS year we are voting only at the conference for the new Board of Directors. This proposed amendment is to re-instate that absentee voting procedure that the TPSA has long supported. (I just wanted to point out that this is NOT NEW for the Texas Association and is a procedure that has totally worked for us in the past.)
JessicaJester

Return to Texas Process Server Association (TPSA)