Dont need to be a Weatherman to know the way the wind blows!

Fred Blum's friend

Dont need to be a Weatherman to know the way the wind blows!

Postby ProcessPosseAdmin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:58 pm

The article Mr Feldman is responding to

Pages from 2002 - Mar Apr.jpg
The article Mr Feldman is responding to
Pages from 2002 - Mar Apr.jpg (147.76 KiB) Viewed 583 times

Don Feldman's response TO ABOVE!

This following letter was published in the following Docket Sheet and not a new letter.

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE:

To the Electronic Mailbox:
This letter is with regard to the response in the "President's Message" by Fred Blum in the March - April 2002, issue of The Docket Sheet, about a member's recent letters to the membership, i.e.: "Associations that develop programs, take positions and make efforts to constantly move forward for the benefit of its members will, of necessity, be forced to withstand the slings and arrows of its critics. Most, if not all, members recently received a letter from a member who claimed to be the spokesperson for a 'disgruntled few' who were 'upset with some of our officers and directors.' This is a democratic society and people have a right to say what they want. It would be helpful, however, if they got their facts straight."
We all know that the "member" is Phil Geron. I found both of Mr. Geron's letters to be on-point with his constructive criticism. I am very disappointed and disturbed, to say the least, about how Fred Blum minimizes what 1 consider to be extremely important and valid issues.
In his message, Mr. Blum claims Mr. Geron's facts are wrong, however he chose not to back-up his assertion with any explanation of how or why. It's most unfortunate that Fred Blum considers constructive criticism from Mr. Geron the equivalent of being "...forced to withstand the slings and arrows of its critics."
I also found it disturbing that the Board of Directors, individually, chose to remain silent about the matter. Each member of the board, individually, owes the membership an answer to these letters, so that we all know where each board member stands. Should we just assume that the entire board agrees with Mr. Blum?
I have spoken to many members over the years, who feel the same way as Mr. Geron. The Board of Directors has a responsibility (least they not forget) to the entire membership to keep an open mind and not be defensive. After all, it isn't their Association, it's ours! Keeping the President's statement in mind that "This is a democratic society and people have a right to say what they want'. I now exercise that right. I know Phil Geron and find him to be a moral and sincere person. I believe Mr. Geron cares deeply about the organization and only has its best interests in mind. His courage to battle a troubled status quo with his written observations and suggestions are to be admired, not minimized and discredited. I hope the board is shrewd enough to realize that Phil is only articulating what a lot of us have been saying and thinking.
Therefore, as Bob Dylan has said, "You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."
Donald D. Feldman
Legal Support Services, Inc.
New York City, New York
ProcessPosseAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Dont need to be a Weatherman to know the way the wind bl

Postby ProcessPosseAdmin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Here are the board of Directors in 2002:

BOARD OF DIRECTORS - 2002

Joseph P. Butler - President
MaryLee Rustand - First Vice President
David S. Nill - Second Vice President